|Alphabetical | By Popularity|
- Anamosa State Penitentiary
- Chronicles the history of the 129-year old maximum security Iowa prison.
- Bremer County, Iowa GenWeb
- Genealogical information on Bremer County, including the cities of Waverly, Sumner, Plainfield, Frederika, Denver, and Janesville.
- Carrie Chapman Catt Childhood Home
- About the woman suffragist, the history of the suffrage movement, and efforts to restore Catt's Iowa home. Includes a bibliography, gallery, and links.
- Floyd County Historical Society and Museum
- Midwest rural county museum featuring depictions of early and recent prairie life, both agricultural and industrial.
- Fort Des Moines Memorial Park
- Honours the U.S. Army's first officer candidate class open to African American men in 1917, and the establishment of the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC) in 1942.
- George Reeves Memorial
- Official site of the George Reeves Memorial, dedicated to preserving the birthplace of actor George Reeves.
- Harrison County Iowa GenWeb
- Part of the USGenWeb project to promote genealogical research on the Internet.
- Herbert Hoover National Historic Site
- Includes the cottage where Hoover was born, the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum, the gravesites of President and Mrs. Hoover, and a 76-acre tallgrass prairie.
- Heritage Park of North Iowa
- Offers demonstrations in grain threshing, log sawing, plowing, ensilage cutting, oat hulling, and more.
- Historical Tour of Black Hawk County
- Online tour of over 150 historical sites in the county. Including historical information, black and white sketches, and some photographs.
- Iowa Battle Flag Project
- Official web site of the State of Iowa's Civil War flag stabilization project.
- Iowa GenWeb Project@
- Iowa Third Cavalry
- One of nine cavalry regiments mustered into service in Iowa during the Civil War.
- Living History Farms
- Open air museum in Iowa, dedicated to faithfully restoring the era of the midwestern pioneer.
- Muscatine County Iowa Genealogy
- Genealogical resources and online vital records, and cemetery records of Muscatine County Iowa, part of the UsGenWeb and IAGenWeb.
- National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
- Established in 1974 to collect, preserve, and share the physical objects and intangible manifestations of Czech and Slovak history, culture, and language.
- Includes the names Abrams, Sperry, Slacks, Hamilton, and more. Also contains a resource for several lineages based in Iowa.
- Shelby County Iowa Genealogy
- Part of the USGenWeb and IAGenWeb Projects.
- Silos and Smokestacks
- Nonprofit partnership dedicated to preserving Iowa's contributions to world agriculture through creating America's Agricultural Heritage Partnership, a National Heritage Area of sites, activities, and events in northeast Iowa.
- State Historical Society of Iowa
- Serves as a trustee of Iowa's historical legacy and an advocate for understanding Iowa's past.
SPONSOR RESULTS (Become a Sponsor)